Under the GDPR, a data controller is an entity that ‘determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data’. The data you leave when using this website is controlled by
Masters in Moderation
1431 XM Aalsmeer
Legal basis for data processing
We need to process the data provided to us through this website by means of forms to come up with the best offer and fulfil further contractual obligations. And we rely on your consent to send you newsletters.
We may process your data under legitimate interest to improve our website, gain an insight into the necessities of data submitters to be able to provide them with the best service and analyse their behaviour, and share relevant information on special offers.
What data we collect
As a result of you using our website, we collect the following information about you:
- Your IP address, location, browser, pages you visit and the source you used to access our website. We get this information from Google Analytics, which doesn’t disclose to us your name, address or any other sensitive information.
- Your name, email address, phone number, company name, event information in case you fill in the contact form when looking for a moderator.
- Your name and email address when you subscribe to our newsletters.
- In case you pay for a training/workshop, your information will be processed by our financial partners that are governed by their privacy policies. We do not store any financial information on our website.
Why we collect this data
When we collect this data, our primary aim is to provide you with the best and most suitable services possible and personalize your experience.
We use this information to:
- respond to your comments either by email or in the comments section and ensure you get our response.
- provide requested services, as, for example, registering you for a training or sending information about our moderators.
- send you newsletters, policy updates, offers, security alerts, etc.
- create reports through our third party providers, as, for example, newsletter open and click reports and surveys and evaluation reports.
We may occasionally send you promotional materials, invites to trainings and workshops, offers, etc.
If you wish to opt out of such communication, please email us at email@example.com.
Who we share your data with
Occasionally we require the help of third parties to provide you with the best service and we may share your data with them. These third parties are:
- our newsletter and survey services providers.
- web developers who need to work on the maintenance of our website and can occasionally get access to it.
We use your data for internal purposes only, we do not sell or transfer it. We do not disclose your data to third parties, except the cases mentioned above and when we are required to do so by law or court orders.
Cookies are small files that store browsing information and personal details. For example, when filling in a form or login details, they save provided data and you don’t have to submit the same information again or type in your login every time.
You can disable cookies or clear them: check the instructions for specific browsers. Please note that you may lose some functionality if you decide to disable them.
Your rights to the data
Under the GDPR, every individual has specific rights to how their data is stored and used.
- the right of access: you can email us to ask what kind of information we have about you, how we use it and why we use it. In case you need it, you can request a copy of your data.
- the right to rectification: if the information that we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request its correction.
- the right to erasure: in case you don’t want us to hold any information about you, you can request the erasure of all data we have.
- the right to restrict processing: in case you don’t want us to completely erase your data, you can request us to limit the use of this information.
- the right to data portability: you can request to receive your data ‘in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format’ and do anything you want with it, including transferring it to another controller.
- the right to object: you can request us to stop processing your data at any time, even if you have previously agreed to it by signing up for newsletters, etc.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your data for an unlimited period of time or as long as it is relevant for us to provide you with the requested services depending on the nature of our relationship with you.
In case you think we don’t need to retain your data anymore, submit to us an erasure request (as defined in the section Your rights to the data).
When it comes to the data you provide to us by using this website, we use secure connection (SSL) to protect it from being accessed by unauthorised entities or people. However, no data is absolutely safe on the Internet, and, despite our efforts to safeguard your information, we can’t guarantee there will not be any malicious attacks.
To ensure your financial information is secure, we rely on the services of third parties for payments: in many cases these third parties use TLS encryption to keep card information safe.
Data on minors
We don’t intentionally collect data on underage children. If you believe we have this information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete it immediately.